On February 8, 2024 we will sail from Barcelona at 5pm. Make sure you are on the ship with us, because we will not only learn, but we will also have a grand time on the Sun Princess’ inaugural sailing.
Due to the the current issues with the airlines, I would recommend getting to Barcelona at least 24 hours in advance (at the very least). But if you can, try 48 hours to make sure you have time to see Barcelona!
Possible Research Locations:
- FamilySearch Center
Cantabria, 31, Barcelona, 08020 Barcelona, Spain
Phone: +34 932.108.353
E-mail: ES_Barcelona@familyhistorymail.org (Spanish Speaking)
- Archivo Histórico Nacional de Cataluña – This national archive holds historical documents and records related to Catalonia.
- Biblioteca Nacional de Cataluña – The National Library of Catalonia holds a vast collection of books, manuscripts, and archives related to Catalan culture and history.
- Arxiu Comarcal de Barcelona – The Barcelona Regional Archive holds historical records for the province of Barcelona, including church records and civil registration documents.
- Arxiu Històric de la Ciutat de Barcelona – The Historical Archive of the City of Barcelona holds documents related to the city’s history, including census records and property deeds.
- Arxiu Parroquial de Barcelona – The Parish Archive of Barcelona holds church records, including baptism, marriage, and burial records, for parishes in the city.
Get To Know Barcelona:
You will take 08:15 train from Barcelona Sants to Girona Train station and I will pick you up outside Girona Train Station.
We will visit two of the most famous famous medieval towns in the Costa Brava, before heading to the Mediterranean where we will hike along part of the Cami De Ronda.
The Cami De Ronda is an ancient walking path along the Costa Brava Mediterranean. The beauty of the landscape and abrupt landscape, makes the path an authentic paradise for walkers and hikers.
The Wild Beach of Castell is in the Cap Roig National Park. From here towards the Botanical Gardens of Cap Roig, we’ll find crystal clear coves including Cala Roca Bona and Cala Estreta to name a few.
On return we’ll stop at ruins of Iberian settlements on the hills behind, Old Catalan Farmhouses and a small known paint studio of Salvador Dali.
To finish the day, we will drop you off in the old town of Girona, Barri Vell, which is the name given to the Girona’s old quarter.
Stop At: Platja de Castell, Palamos Spain
We’ll pick you up from Barcelona in a fully air conditioned van and drive towards the area of Cala de Castell, next to the small town of Palamos. This will take approximately 1hr 30min.
The hike will start on the infamous Cami De Ronda that stretches along the Costa Brava into France and is infamous for hikers around the world.
The hike will be approximately a 8km loop where we’ll stop at some of the most stunning emerald coves in the area, until we reach the Botanical Gardens of Cap Roig, before heading inland and returning to Cala de Castell.
The hike will take around 2-4 hours and once finished you’ll have time to relax on the beach, swim and even do some snorkelling.
Please note the hike is open to all fitness levels and can be adjusted if needed. Just let us know and we’ll bespoke the trip to your needs.
This is a 9 hour day. Cost is $142.65/person
- Cami de Ronda, 17100 la Bisbal d’Emporda Spain
- Cala Estreta, 17230 Palamos Spain
- We’ll swim on one of the most stunning Calas on the Costa Brava.
- Pass By: Formigues Islands, Spain (From the shore we’ll see the lighthouse of the Formigues Islands).
- Barraca d’en Dalí, 17230 Palamós, Girona, Spain (Visit a studio previously used by Salvador Dali).
- La Cala S’Alguer, Palamos Spain
Construction has been ongoing for more than 140 years. Even in its unfinished state, it remains an absolute must-see for every visitor to Barcelona. Discover the history of this magnificent church, his creator, Antoni Gaudí, and get ready to admire the vaults that raise over 200 feet high.
2 hours in length
Cost is $194.77/person
Explore Barcelona in this fantastic Walking City Tour, and get lost in the antique neighbourhoods!
Your private local guide will dip you into the History of the walled city, guiding you through narrow passages full of past & secrets and telling you their captivating stories, avoiding the dense tourist crowd.
Visit the three Old Quarters of the medieval Barcelona in this private local tour: The Gothic Quarter, Raval and Born, where some buildings remain unchanged, others instead show the influence of the Modernist Architecture.
You will meet with your private local guide in the lively Ramblas, and your first stop will be Palau Güell, the first great work of Antoni Gaudi, followed by Plaza Real, the elegant square surrounded by palm trees and arcades, where you will see other details of the famous architect.
La Boquería, the most antique and colorful market of Barcelona can’t be missed, before to enter in the heart of the Gothic Quarters, where you could see the Roman Walls, the old Cathedral, the Jewish Quarter and the Sant Felip Neri Square among other must-see gems.
Time to relax! Taste a ‘Tapa’ accompanied with a glass of Red Wine in a local tavern where you can learn everything you want to know about this fascinating city from your private guide. (veggie option available)
After the relaxing stop, is time to walk through the most charming neighborhood: Born Quarter. Visit the Santa Maria del Mar Church. Discover its hidden corners and its story of worshiper’s strong believe.
The private city tour Barcelona ends in the Born Market & Memorial Centre, where you could visit the recently found Medieval Ruins under the city.
Discover the History behind the medieval walls and take advantage of your private guide in this fantastic local walking city tour in Barcelona. Get all the insight you need to make the most of your visit to Barcelona!
If you have kids, this private city tour could be amazing for them too. Just let us know and we’ll adapt it to them. Book now this amazing local tour with a private local guide, just for you.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
- Las Ramblas, La Rambla, 08002 Barcelona Spain
- Las Ramblas, La Rambla, 08002 Barcelona Spain
- Palau Guell, Carrer Nou de la Rambla 3-5, 08001 Barcelona Spain
- Placa Reial, 08002 Barcelona Spain
- Mercat de la Boqueria, La Rambla, 91, 08001 Barcelona Spain
- Gothic Quarter (Barri Gotic), Mediterranean Seafront to Ronda de Sant Pere, Ciutat Vella, 08002 Barcelona Spain
- Barcelona Cathedral, Pla de la Seu, S/N, 08002 Barcelona Spain
- Placa Sant Felip Neri, Paseo de Palau Episcopal, Barri Gotic, 08002 Barcelona Spain
- Plaça de Sant Jaume, Pl. de Sant Jaume, 1, 08002 Barcelona, Spain
- Tasca El Corral, Carrer de la Mercè, 17, 08002 Barcelona, Spain
- Basilica de Santa Maria del Mar, Placa Santa Maria 1, 08003 Barcelona Spain
- Passeig del Born, La Ribera, Ciutat Vella, Barcelona Spain
- El Born Centre de Cultura i Memòria, Plaça Comercial, 12, 08003 Barcelona, Spain
3 hours in length. Cost is $75.71/person
Here is a Barcelona Destination Guide to help you learn more about the area.Follow us: